Monday, January 26, 2015

Well first update first... Cut my hair and lets just say that it will officially be put up into a bun until the end of my mission haha. cost a whole $2 which should have been my first sign...  it's not so bad.... but it could be better.

This week was great! After a pretty wacked week last week things really turned around this week. First off, the very best of all, is that we finally got some of our investigators to church!  And what miracle, because they came on foot from super far away and all by themselves. The best moment of our week was teaching them and we invited them to baptism and first one looks at his friend and says "Well I don't know about you, but as for me, yeah". At first I was nervous because they are super funny and like to joke.. especially with my comp, so I was like Uhhhh do you really want this or do you just have a thing for hermana Ramirez?? But nope, they are awesome, and totally showed it yesterday by coming to church. We have been and are continuing to work hard to find new good people  It's like the quote in PME that says "nothing happens in missionary work until you find someone to teach". 

 On Friday this week hermana Ramirez and I had a really neat experience. We went to go give our first lesson to 2 girls whose mom is inactive. They are super interested and want to go to church, but their mom wasn't giving them permission. We told them we would come back in the afternoon to talk to their mom so that we could share a message with her too. Later, our next 2 lessons were other people who ended up telling us ALL of the problems they were facing. And then we went to meet with a recent convert before lunch  to help him with his family history because he was going to go to the temple that night! We met with him Thursday night to check if he was still planning on going, and he wasn't!! So we were there convincing him until he made up his mind to go. The next day Saturday when we showed up to help him with names, he told us that their wasn't any room on the bus to Tuxtla and that he wouldn't be able to go. He was very disappointed. At lunch Hermana Ramirez and I decided that we would have a special fast for all these people that we had talked to. The most amazing thing of all is that I feel like it really helped. He got to go to the temple, and sent us a text in the night thanking us for our help.. I practically cried it was so awesome. we were able to find the mom of the 2 girls whose mom is inactive, and like I already said, 2 other investigators have  baptism dates and ended up coming to church. That night I just realized how much God is really listening to us. Hermana Ramirez has taught me so much about prayer. Her prayers are so real, and I have been trying to follow her example. It works. If we just look we can find all the ways he is constantly supporting us. I love this work, it can be really really hard, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. Right when you think that things are too hard, God always reaches out. He never leaves us alone, and his tender mercies are always there waiting for us. We just have to look.
 
Pics: Saying goodbye to Elder Leon who officially got to his house! Elder Rivera(not it the picture) who is training someone from the states now is our DL (district leader). 

The ward secretary Carlos, who has helped us out SO much. Whether its with the cockroaches or just making us feel at home, he literally treats us like we're his daughters. Good people

But that's about all for this week! I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment