Monday, January 12, 2015

Well hello hello hello otra vez

This week started off literally insane. After I wrote you all we went back to our house. In the evening before bed I went to go clean out the water tank. SURPRISE!!!! Out came 200 freaking cockroaches.. so that pretty much sums up my week. Fighting them and asking permission so that someone can enter our house and help us take care of the plague. Gross. If you can all just remember the movie the Mummy and when all 10000 of the bugs start leaving the pyramid and the guy gets eaten alive.... that's basically what happened to me. ok. yep. but it officially broke my companions fear of them. Now she kills them with me. Its a real bonding experience.

This week was super poderosa!! Seriously I love teaching with Hermana Ramírez! Sometimes I think we are just so on the same page that we are literally Reading each other's minds. Love it. First of all, had another lesson with our inactive member and it was awesome. We decided we were only going to talk about prayer. We had him share his testimony about prayer and as he really isn't praying now it got him thinking. The spirit was so strong and at the end of the lesson we invited him to pray again and for the first time in like 3 months he finally prayed at the end of the lesson again!!!! I was super happy.

Later, we found these 2 Young girls, whose mom is inactive and they were baptized in the catholic church.. don't really get how that happened... but it did. We have been teaching them this week and they have literally loved everything! They had awesome experiences praying and we showed them the DVD of the restoration, and I can't even tell you, the spirit was just there so strong. At the end one of the girls said the prayer and it went something like this "I really liked that video Heavenly Father, and I like how I feel and I just want this". Que poder (that power). We ended the lesson. The only thing is that if the mom doesn't go to church the girls may or may not have permission. So we are going to work with the mom, its just that she doesn't really want to listen... problems am I right??

Tapachula fun facts (just to copy Sister Lindsay)

Here every Young person is mamita or papita... Like no no mamita right now I don't have time for you.. (happens every day)
We drink every type of juice ever know to man, but coming up in February and march is mango season I'm pumped. And People here eat mangos "Green" like before they're ripe with salsa and salt. Tasty

Sorry That my updates are getting shorter and shorter, I think I'm going to start paying more attention to the big stuff that happens now..

pics! Hermana from the bakery gave us a rosca. It's famous for the day of the 3 kings the 6th of jan. Its when kids get there christmas presents. Inside of them there are 1 or 2 hidden baby Jesus. if you find the baby Jesus, you pay for the tamales! It was a miracle that she gave us one because they are super expensive.

Love the members here.

Our cockroaches. We sprayed alcohol and lit them on fire. We got a Little out of hand...

That's all folks!
Love you
Hermana McNaught

 



No comments:

Post a Comment