Monday, September 29, 2014

Whoo this writing time goes by SO FAST and I used up all my time sending pictures.. So I promise that next week will be better! Sorry to everyone. 
This week was super great! We had our baptism with David!! It was crazy insane because he still needed like 2.5 lessons and we only had an hour to teach them before his interview with our district leader. So it was a little chaotic, but he is so ready and has been going to church for 2 months. His first Sunday was my first Sunday! He is my first real convert, because his first lesson was with me. He was so happy after his baptism and was talking about how good he felt and really couldn't stop talking about it! I have such a strong testimony of these feelings! I know that every week with the sacrament we can feel these same clean feelings again and again. The longer I am out here the more I realize there is a 0% chance I'm ever going to be close to perfect, but I feel super happy that every week we can have another chance. Another chance to obey a little better and to help others a little more. 
This week we found some great new people! First of all, we had a lesson with Octavio, and Javier and David were there helping with the lesson. Octavio is going to get baptized, he is super interested!! Just that he works on Sundays. That's the only problem! But its exciting!
We contacted this one guy on the street this week and he was talking about how he was baptized but never really a member and how he's done so much bad that he can't come back. Hermana Canalizo was like, no you can! ¨´Have you ever killed somebody??¨´And he paused for a second... and then said mas or menos!! I shouldn't be laughing, but the point is that hermana canalzio was trying to get the point across that he isn't that bad but the guy had like killed someone. So we contacted him and invited him to church and everything. And then guess who was at chruch? him! And he came to a baptism of a little girl in the ward that we taught a couple of lessons to (Abish) As well. He knows its time to change and I am happy that we ran into him. Sometimes people just need a little push to come back and start repenting. But he isn't in our area so we will pass on his reference to other missionaries.
I don't have a bunch to say, but I do want to bear my testimony on how right now is the time that we have to change our lives. I know that that is what this life is for. There are so many people that we teach that have excuses for not coming to church or reading their scriptures or praying. There will ALWAYS be an excuse. Satan it the master of procrastination. We have to change now!! But I know its possible and I'm so grateful for my savior for this. Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Hermana McNaught

PICTURES: 














No comments:

Post a Comment