Monday, September 1, 2014

Hola everyone!

So this weeks update is going to be a little shorter, sorry! But Yesterday we had a baptism!! My very first of my mission. Really I'm just lucky and blessed to be able to see this so early in my mission. I feel like I didn't even do much to help convert our investigator, but then again the spirit does that anyway right? He was so good. His parents aren't members and are devout catholic, but the church helped their son change so much and they are so grateful for the missionaries. His mom was crying the whole time. It was really beautiful. And his testimony was like so solid. Here the investigators have to attend at least 5 Sundays before they can be baptized, and he had like 7. He was ready to go. What an amazing person!! 
Yesterday I had to give a talk in church and it was the scariest thing I have ever had to do!! haha I don't know Spanish! I spoke about faith hope and charity and threw in temples because

I love the temples. Our investigator told me after he gave his testimony at his baptism that he knew how I felt in my talk. He's like I didn't know what to say! I was like me either! It is seriously so funny how greenies are just like there investigators. We don't know the language or what is going on, but we have testimonies!
This week was great and we just keep finding new people to teach, although they don't always follow through, but the field is super white here! I love it. The strangest thing I had to do this week was eat cow stomach. hermana Canalizo said that was the best prepared cow stomach she has ever had, but i am here to tell you it was not only awful, I thought I was going to die! That was the first time in my mission I have felt like I just couldn't put it away and it came back to bite me let me tell ya... ah the things missionaries do to gain the members trust am I right??
Have a great week everyone!













No comments:

Post a Comment