Monday, September 22, 2014

Sept 22, 2014

Alright! This week was another good one! I've got a load of pictures to send, but these computers are super hit and miss, and today its not working on mine... so next week lets all cross our fingers! Monday after PDay finished we went out with this hermano that this week just came home from his mission early. Him and his baby brother came out with us. At first I was super skeptical, because before we even started he started giving us some criticism and I was not about to have that. But then I was thinking how I could either just throw the rest of the day away or show him that I'm actually awesome. So me and Hermana Canalizo were like on fire. Seriously, we were contacting everyone and I felt like I talked a lot more in the lessons, and it was like the Spanish was coming a lot easier! That day we had a family home evening with a member and their neighbor who was close to being an investigator. And in this lesson she FINALLY accepted a baptism date!!! whooooooo. And she was at church on Sunday and we have another FHE with them tonight and she'll be there. YAYYY! Her name is Edith was actually super helpful! Turns out I can actually step it up a lot more.. It was a good wake up call. And we are all friends now, so I'm happy about that. Also at the end of the day, he told me that I speak as if I've lived in Mexico for 6 months!! Which is definitely not true, but I felt pretty good about that. The language is like hit and miss. Some days its good and some days I don't have any clue what is going on. but everyday I think I am improving. Anyway, this set the tone for the whole week! It was awesome. Super grateful for him. Also with Cambio's!! Hermana Hickman, who's blog I read before my mission is in my zone now, which is really cool. I feel like I met a celebrity.
Contacting in the colectivos is always the hardest and me and canalizo sometimes chicken out. But If I say hello and start it out then hermana canalizo always does good, we make a good team, because I'm less scared to just be like "hi my names hermana mcnaught and I'm a missionary and a little weird, but how are you?" and afterward she is better at spanish and keeps it all going. But this week, we had a bet on whoever ate their flan the slowest had to contact the entire colectivo and invite them to our activity on Saturday. I was like alright its on. And I lost hardcore. So I talked a lot on the combis. But we got some appointments out of it, so hey, its all for the Lord am I right?  Sometimes hermana Canalizo teases me because there have been two times where I have accidentally had some attitude in my contacting... I don't mean to. Its not super bad, but hermana canlizo thinks its So funny. But the best was yesterday this guy was like "Hey beautiful girl" and all this stuff, which usually we just ignore but he was so close to us and we were waiting for a bus, so I was like alright. And Hermana Canalizo tells the story best, but I guess a just flipped around and moved my hair out of the way from my plaque and was pointed to it and said "hi, I'm A MISSIONARY for the church of JesusCrist of LDS and just started turning it into this weird contact it was way funny, but bad because I never realize when I'm like that. My comp tells me I am turning into a Mexican with my attitude.

Oh and get this! There are always a ton of earthquakes here and people are just super used to them, and I have felt 2 already!! one night I was talking to my zone leader and he was like, "can you feel the earthquake" and I was like "uhhh... woah, yeah I can!" and then we had a missionary activity on Saturday with the whole zone and we sang hymns and watched mormon messages and stuff which turned out pretty good, and after our first song there was another mini earthquake! Wow! Also, speaking of activities, there was another one last night with some guy from the US who came to speak more about Izapa and how we are living in BOM country. pretty cool stuff, although I didn't really hear any of it because we were making appointments with people. Also there have been some of the craziest thunder storms of my whole life. HOLY COW! The other night at 2 AM there was the LOUDEST crack and me and hermana canalizo both woke up and she's like "HERMANA ARE YOU OK?"  I said yeah I'm good, was that an earthquake?" Super funny because I was so tired the first thing I though of was that there was an earthquake. Nope, just rain. 
Oh! and update on our investigator David! He has been kind of hit and miss, and not really willing to listen to our charlas but comes to church every week. So we finally got a hold of him and we were like, whats your deal?? And turns out he just doesn't want to invite his parents to his baptism. so we told him it wasn't a requirement, and now he feels lots better! He will be baptized on Saturday! We just have to teach him nearly all of the lessons this week! But he is ready and excited!!   
Also this cambio we have the goal of baptizing two families! And its totally possible because for every general conference someone attends it counts as a church attendance! We already found one family to teach and taught them a lesson yesterday and they are golden! So we are hoping that they are the one!! And there is one more that are good potentials as well!! The field is white already to harvest! God loves us! He cares about our families so much. He wants us to be happy, and I know that we can be if we are living how we should! 
Love you and have a great week!
hermana McNaught (Macnouuuuut in a spanish accent)

No comments:

Post a Comment