Wednesday, July 16, 2014



Okay So starting on Thursday:
A group of 19 missionaries going to Mexico City and My mission took the frontrunner and went to downtown SLC (wow) and got our visas! I'm just happy I won't have to be waiting here in the MTC :) yay. The whole time we were downtown I really wanted to like talk to people and stuff, but it turns out that a group of 19 missionaries all together in one spot makes it a little bit impossible to do that. We did talk to one lady on the train that was already a member though. She was super nice and just talked to us about what was going on for her and all about how she wants to serve a mission with her husband. I think that is going to be my favorite part of being a missionary. Just like talking to people randomly. I love getting to know people.

We got 2 new districts in our branch all going to Costa Rica. So now our branch consists of all Costa Ricans, Mexico Merida and then like 6 random spanards and Tuxtla Gutierrez missionaries. A little weird, but I really like my zone so it is super good! They asked me to play the piano in sacrament meeting on Sunday with our branch and I'm super not that great but it is nice to be able to get to do that. That's something I miss. 

Thursday we went and taught TRC which was just members who came and got taught short lessons on whatever they wanted. It was soooo good. It was a lot more comfortable because there was not pressure in like "Messing up". Then we later got another investigator that we will be teaching for the next couple of weeks named Ivette. She is actually not a member of the church and has been atheist for the past 5 years. Oh my goodness I LOVE her. She is so awesome and friendly and usually our lessons go over time with her because she loves to talk, but she also has a lot of sincere questions. Like she wanted to have her questions about the plan of salvation answered and she was super worried about her family being happy after this life. It was so emotional and the spirit was super strong. Anyway I am just so happy to be teaching her. And our lessons are getting a lot better. It also helps that Ivette speaks English half the time in our lessons, which is against the rules, but she really wants us to understand her so she just kind of spanglish's it up. 

Friday we did this way cool practice on "teaching people not lessons". Basically just listening to the Spirit and not teaching what we want to teach. I loved it! It's pretty awesome how well the spirit knows us and I think that if we actually just like listen to what we feel like we should say we can be the answer to a lot of people's prayers! It is so great to be a part of this work:) 
And then today!! The temple is finally done getting renovated and I am so happy about that! I have never appreciated going to the temple so much as I have right now.  It was so nice to just like feel peace and quiet in the temple. I need that relief and I"m so excited that I get to go back every week until I leave the MTC. I feel like there is not a lot to update on this week. Things have been exciting and awesome and I have been crazy tired but I love it here. Really there is nowhere else I would rather be!

No comments:

Post a Comment